Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Other Stuff

 The past couple of months, while all was quiet on the Sarah front, Greg was plagued with a very weird ear infection!  Just imagine, after all that has happened in the past 2 years, you are awakened at 3am by your 22 year old son who is crying in pain and wants to be taken to the hospital.  Very scary to say the least!  After the middle of the night hospital run, Greg had to go to an ENT, where his ear was drained, and he was given medicated ear drops.  He had to go back every 2 weeks for 2 months to have the ear looked at and drained; a very painful experience to say the least!

Speaking of pain, I have had a pain in my right hip since August! To make a long story short, after several visits to several doctors, a CAT scan, an x-ray, and an MRI, I have been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my hip, lucky me.  This coming Friday I have an appointment to get a steroid shot in my hip, and then physical therapy will begin!  Cataracts at 51, arthritis at 53, what the heck is happening to me?? :(



October 14th would have been my Dad's 84th birthday.  I went to Saratoga to be with my mom and we "visited" dad.  I still miss him everyday!










My amazing mother is doing well; filling her days with creating beautiful pottery, good books, exercise classes, friends and family.  She misses my dad, but he would be so proud if he could see her now.  His memory lives on in all of us, and we happily remember all the wonderful years we had together.

At the end of October I headed back to Saratoga for our annual "girls" weekend.  Myself, my mom,  and my 4 sisters spent a wonderful weekend together; eating, shopping, eating, telling stories, eating, and reminiscing.  Dad would have really loved all the eating!



Next week is Thanksgiving, 
I am thankful for so much.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment